We are the GLA Conservatives, the Conservative members on the London Assembly. Our Assembly Members help scrutinise the work of the Mayor of London by making sure his budget is balanced and he makes the most of the Greater London Authority (GLA). The GLA has powers over London's transport (TfL), police (the Met), fire safety (LFEPA), economy, health, housing, environment, and regeneration.
We also work on a myriad of campaigns which always look for a costed way to benefit London. In the past we have asked TfL to make the most of their advertising with sponsorship of the tube, asked the Met to address human trafficking in London, and asked the Mayor to help save London's pubs.
We have successfully campaigned for flexible ticketing on transport, London's empty garages to be turned into work spaces, the Met to wear body worn cameras, driverless trains on the tube, and the Met to open a Crime Museum Exhibition.
- campaign ideas you would like us to pursue
- questions about past campaigns
- press inquiries for our Assembly Members
Also subscribe to our newsletter here.
- .@GarethBaconAM: 'Liz Peace needs to manage the 40 per cent budget cut imposed on OPDC by Sadiq Khan in February' https://t.co/cEEI7ib1me
- Politicians relaunch campaign to see Kingston station rezoned as Chinese firm completes South West Trains takeover https://t.co/5iY8CcLc3C
- Bank branch closures force Londoners to fork out £18MILLION a year in cash machine fees. @ShaunBaileyUK @TheSun https://t.co/xBG8PeIeZd