We are the GLA Conservatives, the Conservative members on the London Assembly. Our Assembly Members help scrutinise the work of the Mayor of London by making sure his budget is balanced and he makes the most of the Greater London Authority (GLA). The GLA has powers over London's transport (TfL), police (the Met), fire safety (LFEPA), economy, health, housing, environment, and regeneration.
We also work on a myriad of campaigns which always look for a costed way to benefit London. In the past we have asked TfL to make the most of their advertising with sponsorship of the tube, asked the Met to address human trafficking in London, and asked the Mayor to help save London's pubs.
We have successfully campaigned for flexible ticketing on transport, London's empty garages to be turned into work spaces, the Met to wear body worn cameras, driverless trains on the tube, and the Met to open a Crime Museum Exhibition.
- campaign ideas you would like us to pursue
- questions about past campaigns
- press inquiries for our Assembly Members
Also subscribe to our newsletter here.
- RT @Assembly_Tories: The thoughts of the GLA Tories are with everyone in Westminster this afternoon during what is clearly a troubling inci…
- The thoughts of the GLA Tories are with everyone in Westminster this afternoon during what is clearly a troubling incident.
- .@Tony_Devenish expresses concern about width of cycle superhighways, not anti-cycling but road use must be balanced #MQT