We are the GLA Conservatives, the Conservative members on the London Assembly. Our Assembly Members help scrutinise the work of the Mayor of London by making sure his budget is balanced and he makes the most of the Greater London Authority (GLA). The GLA has powers over London's transport (TfL), police (the Met), fire safety (LFEPA), economy, health, housing, environment, and regeneration.
We also work on a myriad of campaigns which always look for a costed way to benefit London. In the past we have asked TfL to make the most of their advertising with sponsorship of the tube, asked the Met to address human trafficking in London, asked the Mayor to help save London's pubs, and recently asked for paramedics to be given protection from assault. We have successfully campaigned for flexible ticketing on transport, London's empty garages to be turned into work spaces, the Met to wear body worn cameras, driverless trains on the tube, and the Met to open a Crime Museum Exhibition, all of which are on their way.
- campaign ideas you would like us to pursue
- questions about past campaigns
- press inquiries for our Assembly Members
Also subscribe to our newsletter here.
- RT @ShaunBaileyUK: Spot on, @GarethBaconAM. Every decision Sadiq Khan makes points to him quitting after 4 years of creating huge problems…
- RT @ThomasFTurrell: Interesting piece by @GarethBaconAM on possible motives behind Sadiq Khan's short-term approach https://t.co/YqadfC6Vr…
- RT @CityAM: Spending sprees and strikes prove Sadiq Khan plans to be a one-term mayor https://t.co/PWxWtwKgjP https://t.co/UVlsVjN2tC