His two key proposals are:
1. The introduction of a 3-day per week Travelcard
2. A system of commuter rebates for people who underuse their annual season ticket
(read more about these proposals here)
These measures will encourage regular cycling and walking, and put cash back into your pocket for making those healthy choices. It would also become easier for people to work remotely for a day or two per week, help make part-time work pay, and help ease the burden on a public transport system that’s coping with high levels of demand.
If you live and work in London please answer the following questions and have your say. Your responses will only be used to develop a more comprehensive flexible commuting policy.
- Give more power to traders and rip up red tape to save our failing street markets says Gareth Bacon via @ConHome http://t.co/pk6N0uSRPd
- RT @LondonLive: 40% of fraud is online - @RogerEvansAM speaks about the £81bn cybercrime costs the economy http://t.co/47GnzHxdPf http://t…
- Regeneration committee chair Gareth Bacon discovers 'conversations have been had' with Spurs over possible #westham groundshare