His two key proposals are:
1. The introduction of a 3-day per week Travelcard
2. A system of commuter rebates for people who underuse their annual season ticket
(read more about these proposals here)
These measures will encourage regular cycling and walking, and put cash back into your pocket for making those healthy choices. It would also become easier for people to work remotely for a day or two per week, help make part-time work pay, and help ease the burden on a public transport system that’s coping with high levels of demand.
If you live and work in London please answer the following questions and have your say. Your responses will only be used to develop a more comprehensive flexible commuting policy.
- RT @SteveO_Connell: In thanking Boris for night 154 service reminded him that Sutton is poorly served by public transport and urged support…
- . @SteveO_Connell asks @MayorofLondon about night operation of Bus 154 for Sutton and Croydon. Mayor confirms 154 Night Bus service.
- Tony Arbour questions @MayorofLondon on 164 complaints to Met of electoral malpractice in Tower Hamlets 2014 election. Now re-considering 47