His two key proposals are:
1. The introduction of a 3-day per week Travelcard
2. A system of commuter rebates for people who underuse their annual season ticket
(read more about these proposals here)
These measures will encourage regular cycling and walking, and put cash back into your pocket for making those healthy choices. It would also become easier for people to work remotely for a day or two per week, help make part-time work pay, and help ease the burden on a public transport system that’s coping with high levels of demand.
If you live and work in London please answer the following questions and have your say. Your responses will only be used to develop a more comprehensive flexible commuting policy.
- RT @GarethBaconAM: If he didn't want to pay to freeze travel cards he should have said so. Saying he does not have the power to do so is bl…
- RT @standardnews: TfL told Sadiq Khan he COULD have frozen all fares https://t.co/1853BoHZMe
- RT @MartinHoscik: .@KeithPrinceAM says ‘Sadiq Khan has "serious questions" to answer over TfL's fares freeze advice’ https://t.co/vU0xsAvBjX