Radically Normal: Olympic Park Housing
Radically Normal – Olympic Park Housing is a report by Andrew Boff, London-wide Assembly Member, that sets out a radical yet traditional vision for the over 8000 homes planed for the Olympic Park site. Andrew Boff is asking the Mayor of London to meet current housing demands by focusing on well designed, highly sustainable family housing in a traditional terraced style.
Designing and building terraced houses that look normal and repetitive, yet in which people want to live, takes courage. Yet this radically normal approach is one that should be taken in the Olympic Park. The design of Chobham Manor – the first neighbourhood to be built on the Park – was a breath of fresh air, but outline plans for the other neighbourhoods do not meet these high standards, as they focus on apartments that don't push industry standards. It is important that the four other future Olympic Park neighbourhoods further develop these ideas in their design. Everyone wants the Olympic Park to be a success, not least because as taxpayers, we all want to see a return on our investment. We should work hard to make it the best it can possibly be.
Andrew Boff, London-wide Assembly Member
- Press Release
- Newham Recorder: Calls for fewer high rise homes in London, including at Olympic Park
- Hackney Citizen: Hackney Conservative calls for ‘radically normal’ Olympic housing plan
- BDOnline: Demand better housing from Olympic legacy says leading London Tory
- MQT Question
- London24: Olympic Stadium and part of the Games park Londoners ‘not getting what they have been promised’ from Olympic Park
- Avrupa Times: Andrew Boff to question Olympic chiefs
- Dash24: Boff: stop housing tenants in high rises to avoid social breakdown
Olympic Park Housing Links
- RT @HarrowWestCA: Action day in #Harrow West today. @HAConservatives. Strong support for @Theresa_May in this constituency #ge2017 https://…
- Some strange explanations given for Tube station closures. @Tony_Devenish https://t.co/7r0WyNhsWj
- .@Tony_Devenish found burnt toast was among reasons for 1,000 tube station closures in three years in his constitue… https://t.co/DaSAEgrvZ9